Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Trail Blazing Resumes

I mentioned we're on diets. We've been talking about it for a while but with our love of all things cheese and beer, we've put it off. Then we got the email. From Princess Cruises. A 12-day Mediterranean voyage. (That's what you say on a boat, right? Voyage? "Trip" doesn't really seem to cut it.) We'd been hoping to do a cruise after the first of the year but this is the region I really wanted to see and Brandon was able to line up all the appropriate signatures on his time-off request and, most importantly, my mom agreed to spend two weeks at our place caring for Amelia and the dogs. Oh yeah! Did I mention? We are going alone. No kid. So, Nutrisystem got our money and we are now losing weight. We were crazy hungry for a few days. Then our bodies got used to that. They're still adjusting to the increased roughage. Well, Brandon's is still adjusting. (Where are those matches?)

So, we leave the end of the month and fly into Venice. We sail from there and hit Dubrovnik, Corfu, Katakolon, Athens, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Santorini, Naples/Capri, and finish up in Rome. WTF! We are so excited. Now I just have to figure out how much freaking out I will put up with from myself when we leave our baby for that long.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Oh wow, a cruise on a diet. We started a diet too!! We're eating lots of roughage too!! We can relate!
    Your 'voyage' sounds so wonderful; you are going to have the best time. But I'm sure it will be very difficult leaving Amelia. Does she understand what's about to happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think she has any idea that we're leaving but she's happy to have Grams here!
    The diet will be out the window as soon as we depart, don't worry. ;)

    ReplyDelete