Thursday, January 07, 2010

Countdown Project


Last night we counted out the Kisses and put them in a vase. When I was explaining what we were doing, I told her that each day she would get one - her kiss from Papa. She said, "Awww, that's nice." So she had her first one last night while the soup she helped me make was simmering. I don't think she truly understands the concept, but it's at least something for her to look forward to each day and I know that seeing the vase empty will benefit me, too.

6 comments:

  1. Aww so Brandon comes home when the chocolate kisses run out? Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is so sweet...get it? Sweet? Hahahaha, I crack myself up. I told Justin tonight I like hanging out with you because you are always laughing, probably more at me than with me but Im cool with that...just like people who laugh:)

    What kinda soup didcha make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. D - Yes, when the chocolates run out. Trying to teach AC that doesn't mean she can speed it up by eating more than one a day. :)
    K - At you? No, couldn't be. We made a soup with kale, spinach tortellini, and cannellini beans. Yum. AC tore the kale and spun it out in the salad spinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That doesnt look like too many kisses... when exactly does he come home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There were 116 in there, I thought it would look fuller, too! He's supposed to be home early-May, but we don't know for sure yet. We probably won't know the exact date until the week before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:02 PM

    What a great idea Rebecca. Thinking of you often!
    Louise H.

    ReplyDelete