Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Santa's Crap Shop

The weekend after Thanksgiving brought the annual Santa's Crap Shop to the fairgrounds. Okay, it's really called an "art" show. You guessed it, no good. Ventura has a twice yearly street festival billed as a craft fair. I've always called it the crap fair. Oh, I always went to it, don't get me wrong. But somehow my money managaed to stay in my pocket, try as I might to find something, anything, I could stand. Well, I did always manage to find room for a "maragrita" (that's really what the sign said, not just how I said it after having had one) down at the Catholic church. Somehow they were the only ones allowed to sell alcohol. Well, this deal here didn't let us down in the crap department. We even paid to get in to really sweeten the deal. Of course if we hadn't gone, I wouldn't have heard the woman say to her friends - in reference to me - "That one's about to pop!" Oh, stop charming me, you.

This food booth's sign also charmed me.
Yep.









This is a dog we know suffering great humiliation.

Not that we frown on that. 'Cause we don't.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:33 PM

    I didn't realize you were bloggin' again! YAY! Just killin' time before you "pop"?? ;^)
    I go to all the crap shows too. Yer really funny, y'know.

    We hope Mr Q is feeling better, poor soul!

    xoxo to y'all and looking forward to hearing the exciting news!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete