Thursday, April 05, 2007

My secret shame


Cupcakes of Shame, originally uploaded by Monkey loves Kitten.

I've been doing something since December that I'm reluctantly revealing here today. Those of you who've known me for years will recognize that this behavior is not the norm. Okay, here goes, I've been baking holiday-appropriate treats for Brandon to take to work and share. And, if that wasn't bad enough, the goodies have been accompanied by holiday-specific paper napkins. What the hell. I really can't explain it. Also, I plan these things weeks ahead of time and have the ingredients out and the cookbook open days in advance.

So, in the spirit of full disclosure, here's a picture of what went with Brandon to work today. These are yellow cupcakes with buttercream frosting and Easter sprinkles. For St. Patrick's Day I baked Irish soda bread and sent it in with green napkins. On Valentine's Day the featured item was white chocolate chip cookies with red, pink, and white M&Ms. Red napkins did the trick that day. Pre-Christmas was cranberry walnut bread. That was the first incident and I hadn't thought of napkins yet.

What's the next holiday? I need to get to work on my plan and also I need more seasonal hand towels. Oh man, there goes another secret.

5 comments:

  1. You're making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Are you kidding me? Like I said in my email, get your ass to my house and help, obviously you need another child to take up your time. Get on that, it is fun making it!

    BTW, I can not remember my password...this is "Layers of Everything". I know inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:01 PM

    Hormones are strange and wonderful (?) things...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this how Martha Stewart started out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:11 PM

    I hate to break it to you here publicly and all - but those cupcakes need about 10 times more frosting on them than you've got there. The frosting should be approx. 3/4 as tall as the actual cupcake. That is the proper ratio.

    Just trying to help.

    ReplyDelete