Sunday, July 03, 2005

Almost as good as Casa de Soria

Well, on Thursday we finally made the last leg of our journey and arrived at our house just before 8pm. Unfortunately, the power and water were shut off, so we spent one final night in a motel. We ate at a "Mexican" restaurant. The quotes are on purpose on that one.

Friday morning, we got started getting utilities on, driving around base and the area, and making our first of three trips to Lowe's. Yes, it is now Sunday and we have spent more time at Lowe's than at home. We are painting the entire interior of the joint, replacing all the lighting fixtures and switch plates, adding a couple of dimmer switches, getting bamboo flooring for entry and guest bath, and generally going crazy. We plan to later redo the kitchen floor with cork, but that can wait. We really were eager to paint since our shipment of household goods won't be delivered until Friday. We planned to replace the carpet, but it looked fine when we got here, so that got shelved.

We're camping out in the living room on an air bed and watching DVDs on the computer. All the comforts of home!

I don't have the final numbers for our trip handy (meaning I don't know where I wrote them down), so I'll add that in when I find them!

7 comments:

  1. Why do you look so afraid... did this "food" scare you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:18 PM

    I'll be thinking of you guys when I get some homemade tamales at Reynaldo's tomorrow.

    Rebecca, you got the Jennifer Wilbanks look in your eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I'm sure there is a little button on your snappy new camera called red-eye reduction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:39 AM

    I love how the local Mexican food has brought out the Satanic characteristics in you. Thanks for the warning!

    Update soon on Quentin's adjustment to staying in one place more than a couple of nights! When we did the cross-country move, as soon as we got here and unloaded the toys, Molly knew she was home and all was well. Hope it's as easy for Q-man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great, I look like a flippin' halibut. Super. Thanks.

    Red-eye what? I'm in North Carolina, we don't know nuthin' 'bout that.

    Quentin's only got what we brought with us. I think once the movers come and his real bed gets unpacked, along with his other toys, he might get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The look really says "Hey, this isn't chicken. I told you not to take the alligator with us."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:01 PM

    I was scared looking at this picture. "Help me, mommy. That lady has scary red eyes. What's wrong with her?" Either she has the devil in her, or that's some good sh$%!

    I'm hoping its just some good sh#$.

    ReplyDelete