Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Homecoming

I want to thank everyone for being so supportive of me and so thoughtful with all the care packages, cards, letters, and emails to Brandon. The kid's had no shortage of snacks and entertainment. Hopefully it's helped his days pass more quickly. As much as miss him, I know he misses being home more. Each time he's heard from any of us, I know it's meant a lot. The time has come, however, for me to ask you to stop sending. Well, you can for a couple more weeks, but after mid-January, I'd knock it off because...
Brandon is coming home NEXT MONTH! Wow, that feels so close. He'll be home at least a couple of weeks earlier than we anticipated. I'm very excited and a little nervous. I thought I had more time to procrastinate on household projects. Turns out I'll have to get to work here if I want to finish what I started. I have done some work every month, but my pace has certainly slowed since the initial burst. Oh well, I suppose I prefer having him home sooner than time to lounge about. :)

I was cyber-stalking friends and family the other day and found this beautiful picture of Brandon's best man, Tobei and his wife Nihan. This is Tobei's homecoming in 2003. In not too many weeks, I get to do the same thing.

4 comments:

  1. That is an amazing photo - make sure you have coverage when you have yours! I'm serious, does the military provide that kind of thing? Do i have to start making some phone calls??

    I'm sooo excited for you both, so glad!

    xoxoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! I am so excited for you guys! I bet you cannot wait. Good luck with all of the projects, I know it will be fun getting ready.

    Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gawd, that is such good news! I did send ya a package today, but I'll get the NOLA prints done asap and mailed too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:11 AM

    Happy news! Looking forward to seeing the both of you after his return.

    I have wondered for sometime what brand of helmet Tobei wore....I suspected it was an Arai....Great & touching photo of them!

    Other Mother

    ReplyDelete