Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Now here's a fundraiser I can get my lips on


Firestone Winery in Santa Ynez, CA, has created Jarhead Red. It's a blend of Cabernet and Merlot grapes that Adam Firestone, a former Marine Captain and brother of Bachelor Andrew, thinks befits leathernecks. Even better, net profits on each $12.99 bottle go to the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation which benefits children of injured or killed Marines. Sadly, I cannot order any to be shipped to North Carolina (didn't that law get rescinded?), but if you're in CA, CO, ID, IL, IA, MN, MO, NV, NM, ND, OH, OR, TX, WA, WV, WI or WY, you can. So, if you're in the market for a nicely priced red for yourself or a gift, or you'd like to make a donation and get something a little tastier than address labels, or you just like the label, consider choosing Jarhead. I'm glad I picked mine. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:18 PM

    County Supervisor Firestone kinda sucks. So, I'll just drink some 2-buck-chuck, and donate the remainder to the link you provided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:02 AM

    As long as some wine gets drunk and some money gets donated, all is well.

    P.S. Don't make me jealous. I haven't had two-buck in months. The nearest TJs is five hours away. Uncivilized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you order from TJ and have it shipped? You wouldn't get popped for interstate alcohol shipping... hmmm

    ::sorry about the burrito tease, but it got our mind off the pooch for a bit::

    ReplyDelete