Friday, October 14, 2005

No one to blame but m'self

My mom got in last Thursday night. Friday we were out and about for a good deal of the day. We came home, fed the dogs, then went out to eat ourselves. Since I hadn't been gone in the evening for months, I felt kinda bad about leaving the dogs. I told them that if they were mad about being deserted, they could destroy something. I added the caveat that it should be something of theirs. Well, maybe I didn't say that part loudly enough. We came home to this.

It being my suggestion was only one of the reasons it was funny and Shane didn't get in trouble. Contributing to this were that it was a $1.99 pair of Old Navy flops and it was the first destructive act performed by Shane. Yes, I know it was her, and if I didn't that night, forensic evidence the next day confirmed it. Mmmm, rubber.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:06 AM

    Poor l'il pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:07 AM

    actually, that apostrophe's in the wrong place...li'l!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the poops were interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:52 PM

    if your dog passed gas after his meal, did it smell like burning rubber?

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't worry - you can always replace them with
    THESE

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, Shane really does understand what you say?! Don't you love what they decide to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz, LOLLLLL. Those are worse than what I saw this afternoon at the local flea market. Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:11 PM

    That's why you should have stayed home to eat yourselves!!

    ReplyDelete