Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Once again, I did not get a picture

You know how there's this nationwide campaign to get people to buckle up? Around here, there are signs that have the seatbelt usage percentage for the current month, plus the highest percentage to date. I've seen some below 90%. Well, I was driving down the highway this afternoon, when I noticed a car pulling a flatbed trailer with a motorcycle in it. It was moving slowly so I changed lanes to pass. That's when I noticed that the bike was being held in place by a man. Probably something else also, but definitely a man sitting on the trailer holding the rear of the bike. I'm pretty sure he was actively reducing the percentage of seatbelt usage. As I passed, I saw that the '70s station wagon pulling the trailer was driven by a tiny old man on oxygen. I failed to note whether his seatbelt was fastened.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Once I saw a bunch of kids trying to hold up a refrigerator (in the back of a pick-up going down I-70) which as rockin & rollin & not held down in anyway & threatening to fall over & flaten them if they did not fly over the side & get run over first and they were all stumblin & losing their balance & having the time of their lives. It was unforgetable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw a truck tonight that used two folding tables and plywood to make "sides" to his truckload of garbage. What planet do these people come from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NASCAR is popular here, there's no mistaking that.

    ReplyDelete