Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Last night's fun

Well. Sue and Evelyn picked me up at 4:45. From here we grabbed Jan, who was subbing for Carol. We headed downtown and slowed enough to get Patty, who'd been at an art class. After that is was on to the cooking demonstration! It was pretty fun, a bag full of coupons and a cookbook, a full-blown demo on stage, lots of door prizes. Oh! Did I mention I won a door prize, well, I did. A silver mesh box full of stuff. And by stuff I mean crap. Well, some is useful, to be fair, but the box is the best part of the deal. I got a notepad, a pillbox, a coozy, a highlighter, flashlight, and some bandages. My friends were sure I'd win something, and they were right. I made sure they didn't forget how right they were. As we piled back into the car, there was some concern that if we all put our bags in the trunk, we'd get them mixed up. I said I'd know which was mine, it had a prize in it!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 PM

    Sue, Evelyn, Carol, Patty...did you move to the fifties? Congrats on the big win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my friends are at least in their sixties, so go back a little further.

    ReplyDelete