Sunday, November 20, 2005

Speaking of blazing...

My old town is on fire, again. The hills above downtown Ventura lit the pre-dawn sky with flames Friday morning. I saw a picture online that looked a lot like the view I had from my living room window ten years ago. I tell ya, it's a bizarre situation when you can look out of your window or at the television and see the same thing. That fire was contained before any structures or lives were lost. Hopefully this one will also be. Those of you who've lived in southern California know all about those untrustworty Santa Ana winds. They really take "fanning the flame" to heart.

The latest.

1 comment:

  1. Two Trees are still standing!

    Kudos BIG TIME to local and regional firefighters. They let it burn right down to the backyard fences and with precision water drops, kept the fire from claiming homes.

    ReplyDelete