Friday, August 12, 2005

Grateful for email

I've heard from Brandon every day since he left. I don't have to wait for the mailman to come to see if anything's there for me. I just have to check my in-box, and I can do that anytime and, if I'm lucky, I get something more than once a day. So far he's still using his Hotmail account, but should get a work email soon, which will be better for him to use. I'll let you know when I get that. Here's an excerpt from a couple of emails from the last couple of days to give a glimpse:

-This job isn't too bad. I get a chance to help people and I actually feel like I'm doing something!

-I really do like my job..Odd. I'm glad. I'm just finishing up now. (10:45)
The heat is, well, hot but it's so damn dry that you don't know you're sweating until you get in the AC.

-They have near beer which is kinda nice. Beck's N/A, St Pauli Girl N/A and Amber Bock N/A. I've had a couple
and it really is frustrating.

His last job in California did not give him much satisfaction, so I am glad to hear he feels effective and useful. Can you imagine being there and feeling futile? Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment