Thursday, August 18, 2005

Oxen


I got the dogs a yoke. It makes walks muuuuuuch easier for me. And that's mainly my concern. Don't worry about them, they can still wrangle their combined 100 pounds around my legs and reduce me to a screaching, flailing mommy. As far as I know, no one sees this.

We have a rule about sitting before crossing the street, so at the end of the driveway, we stop and sit. Then, we RUN across the street, and at the end of the leash, whack into each other! So fun! Shane loves to kiss Quentin on his one good ear. She does it in the house when sitting to get the yoke on, and just whenever she feels like on a walk. He can't get away - he's yoked!

I imagine their experience is something like being conjoined twins:

Q: "How many times do I have to tell you, when I am peeing, you have to STOP MOVING."
S: "Did you see that squirrel? Let's go!!!"
Q: "But I'm peeing ahhhhhhhhh yikes!"

It could be the other way around, but Shane's got 20 pounds on Quentin, so not likely.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM

    With this new invention of yours I'll expect a rather larger garden this season. Put those dogs to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, right. Because it's under my control. Sure.

    Say, did you get a gas stove? All we have around here is electric. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I use the yoke for evil ... when Jack and Georgia arent paying attention I like to pull back and they crash into each other... I find this very stoogies-like = much fun for me.

    Aint it a great invention! Maybe you will be able to let them walk each other soon == its what I have found I can do with these two now... most the time I can get one to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these two cannot be trusted. No way.

    ReplyDelete