Saturday, August 20, 2005

I love the mailman

Today he brought me a letter. A letter from my husband. Nothing else was in the mailbox, but even if there had been, it wouldn't have mattered. I got a letter from my husband. I almost tore it open to read it right there in the driveway, but I decided to do it right. To put the milk away first. I quickly emailed him to say I got it and would be reading in just as long as it took me to get a beer - in his honor of course - and get out to the patio. I didn't need any dogs nosing in on my time with my letter.

I sat down with my beer and letter and began to read. And then, far too soon, it was over. Damn my exceedingly high reading level! Luckily, it is totally worthy of multiple readings. I laughed, I cried. You get the drift.

(Smiling.)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 AM

    mmmmmmm, beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra Nevada. There is some civility here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Mail is the best. Mail from your husband out of the country....priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Oh, I remember savoring mail--lingering, wallowing, enjoying every minute of a letter from someone far away. Email is wonderful, but just not the same, especially when you try to print them and save them for the future...totally not the same.

    ReplyDelete