Sunday, September 25, 2005

As I drive around the lush green that is Eastern North Carolina, I find myself longing for the rocky, scrub brush covered hills of the Santa Susanna pass. When I was driving to school in Northridge, I spent many hours on that road. My final semester, I made that trip as many as five days a week. On my way home after my very last class, I said outloud that I never wanted to make that drive again. Well, now I would love it. I would love to have the San Fernando Valley one county away. Not for the destination, but for the journey.

Thank you, NC, for showing me appreciation.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:22 PM

    Appreciation of: humidity, frogs, big spiders, hurricanes and miscellaneous reptiles. And then there's the inevitable tsunami currently pending in the Canary Islands. What's the old Chinese proverb, May you live in adventurous times?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I have renewed appreciation for is Simi Valley. I'm still working on gaining it for the items you list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:46 AM

    Did you hear that the Santa Susanna pass is on fire? I guess we are getting some adventure here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I saw that! No sooner do I saw I miss it and up it goes. I'd better be careful what I saw I miss next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The smoke trail leads all the way thru T.O. & Newbury Park, hovers of CSU, and leads out to the ocean. My bro almost had to evac, near Lang Ranch, west of Box Cyn.

    Anyone watching "Invasion" might start thinking these catastrophes are happening for a reason... hmmm

    ReplyDelete