Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Oh-Phelia!

Wow, who knew four and a half hours of power outage could be soooo long. That's how long it's been so far, who knows how long it will last. I finished a book by candlelight - so romantic. My laptop has four hours of battery life left, so I don't mind turning it on to check email, but that's about it. Oh, and since our cable Internet box is electricity powered, I'm dialing up. Oh, and since all the phone we have in the house are of the cordless variety, and also powered by the electricity, the only use I have for the phone line is dialing up to the Internet. Oh, and since this is dial-up connection, don't expect anything fancy like pictures. Although I do wish I could share the intensity of the moment.

Otherwise, I do have my cell phone should I need it. I am keeping it off to reserve the battery. But I can totally turn it on if I need to call someone. But please, feel free to email, I will check in periodically.

Okay, that's it for now, we're inside, the outside is outside, and that's the way we hope it remains.

1 comment:

  1. knock knock knock...anybody home? Everything alright in there, lady?

    ReplyDelete