Friday, September 02, 2005

Ouch! Ooh! Yikes! Dah!

That's the sound of me flogging myself for not posting for a week. I am sorry. I have no good excuse, really. I had access, I had my own computer, I had time. I won't waste your time with weak attempts at explaining.

My drive down last Friday was relatively uneventful. I had a trucker boyfriend for a little while. I finally had to accelerate beyond my comfort speed to breakup with that guy.

I got to Jacksonville in reasonable time and began the eating frenzy. I spent the weekend with Jason and Tami and Aiden and we had pizza Friday, sushi Saturday (yay!), and BBQ Sunday. I went from their to Chris and Rob's and straight into Sunday dinner at a Mexican place. From there we had dinner at home a couple of times and ate out: Italian, Greek, vegetarian. I'm sure I'm forgetting some. It was all so good. I was very happy. Of course that's not all we did, just the best part. Chris took me to the fine art museum, theCummer Museum of Art & Gardens. Sadly, many of the exhibits were closed while remodeling, but we saw a nice collection. They had a room full of Meissen china - an impressive collection to be sure. That was the day we went to the vegetarian restaurant. I had their carrot hot dog. It's a cooked carrot in a bun with ketchup, mustard, and cole slaw and if you didn't know better, you'd think you were eating a hot dog. Seriously.

I'll write more later, gotta shower and go bail the mutts out of jail. I'll leave you with Scout. She'll keep you company.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I was trying not to get all alarmist and raise the red flag of "missing white woman." Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete