Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I'm listening to an interview with Elie Wiesel on the radio. He said something that I feel we all would do well to hear in these reactionary times. He said he does not believe in group guilt or group punishment, only the guilty should be punished. He was speaking directly about Germans and the Holocaust, but I believe that statement can be applied to so many other situations. When I've tried before to express similar sentiment, I've used a lot more words and probably a lot less impact. I guess that's why he won the Nobel Prize.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:49 AM

    As my pappy once said,
    The group is not indicative of the individual and the individual is not indicative of the group.


    or sumthin' like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one, too. I miss your dad.

    ReplyDelete